Gyms see a lot of visitors with members in and out and at all hours of the day. In addition, many people view gym members as wealthier than your average citizen because they can afford the gym membership, especially at gyms in nicer neighborhoods or at gyms that have a more exclusive membership. These factors alone can attract a number of unwanted types of crime at any gym, spa, or health club and one great way to prevent a criminal from wreaking havoc on your gym is to install quality security cameras. Here’s a look at how security cameras can help your prevent everything from vandalism to violence at your gym.
One of the best things a camera can do for any business is deter crime. When a would-be criminal sees they are being monitored, they are less like to commit a crime. They know any sort of criminal activity they engage in will be caught on camera and that footage will be turned over to police and the media, increasing their chances of getting caught.
Security cameras in sight can also help increase your business. When new potential members are previewing your gym, seeing well-placed cameras may be one of the factors that helps them decide to join your gym verses the one down the street. Often times, people visit gyms and health clubs in the early morning or late night hours and I know I’d feel much more comfortable walking to my car in the dark with cameras watching over me, wouldn’t you?
In addition to protecting your members and deterring would-be criminals, security cameras can help you monitor and protect your staff. Want to make sure your personal trainers are actually doing their jobs? Maybe you have life guard who has been known to spend more time flirting with swimmers than watching for any dangerous situations. Security cameras allow you to keep an eye on things when you can’t be right there .
So, you’ve decided your gym, spa, or health club needs a camera system. What’s next? Here are a few tips that will help make your gym the most secure option in town!
1. Avoid putting in security cameras in areas such as locker rooms in order to protect the privacy of your customers.
2. Take into consideration what damage could be done to your cameras and chose a location and body style to give them the best protection. For example, if you plan to place them outdoors, or in an area where they may fall prey to accidental damage (i.e. an area where items such as tennis balls are often flying around), you’ll want to take extra precautions to see to it that the cameras themselves are protected.
3. Have you had security issues in the past? Maybe your parking lot has seen its share of assaults or maybe there is a corner of your lobby where thieves tend to wait around for unsuspecting victims. You’ll want to make sure these are the first areas you cover.
4. Do you have buildings or rooms that are not often supervised by your staff? These are also high priority areas where you will want to place cameras.
5. Always have a security camera pointed at all points of entrance. This way, you can get a look at anyone who passes through your doors.
6. Do you have a snack bar, vending machines, gift shop, or any other place where cash is often exchanged? Cameras in these areas will not only protect your customers, but allow you to check up on any staff member and prevent inventor loss.
7. Finally, when you’re ready to purchase your security camera system, you’ll want to call CameraSecurityNow.com at 877-422-1907.. because we’re in business to protect your business
Looking for a DVR or NVR Security Camera System? If so call today at 877-422-1907 x226 for a free phone consultation.