There are so many different types of security cameras out there and choosing one can be difficult. Below are six tips that can help you decide what types of camera you need.
1. Look at your floor plan. How far do you need your camera to cover? You want to put your camera as close to your target surveillance area as possible. This will then determine how much zoom you need in your lens: 4mm, 8mm, 12mm, or something more.
2. What is your field of view or area of surveillance? How wide is your viewing area? Do you need an angle or fisheye lens? This Field of View Calculator can help you determine that.
3. What sort of resolution do you need? Are you wanting to catch a person’s face or a license plate? How much detail you are hoping to capture will determine what quality of camera you need and where your camera will need to be placed.
Interested in a Quote on a Security Camera System for your home or business? CameraSecurityNow can handle all of your security camera needs, large or small, for your home or business!
4. Is there a potential for vandalism? Security cameras are often prey for vandals because no one wants to be caught on camera. Also, the weather and other environmental factors can affect your camera. Do you need protective housing or a vandal-resistant camera for these reasons?
5. What’s the lighting like? Are you putting your camera in a well-lit area or is the lighting poor? Maybe the area is outdoors and lighting is unpredictable. In this case, you may need an infrared or low light camera.
6. How much are you willing to spend? You probably have a budget and that’s okay, but keep in mind the more you’re willing to spend, the better system of cameras you’ll get. But also keep in mind that any camera, even a relatively inexpensive one, is better than no camera at all.
Looking for a DVR or NVR Security Camera System? If so call Randy Lewis today at 877-422-1907 x357 for a free phone consultation!